J-1 Research Scholar/Professor Transfers
How It Works
Our goal is to make the application and transfer process easy for all parties involved.
Fill out the contact us form and a CIEE J-1 expert will be in touch to answer questions and provide the application materials.
Once the application is submitted, we will be in contact with the current sponsor, J-1 participant, and host organization to confirm the agreed to transfer date.
The participant can begin their role at their new host organization the date the transfer is processed!
- Transfers are most commonly due to a participant agreeing to a new research or professor role with a new host organization.
- With a transfer, the J-1 participant is not required to leave the US or receive a new visa.
- We can extend the program dates of a participant up to the 5-year maximum program duration at the time of the transfer.
- Once the transfer is complete, we will provide the participant with their updated DS-2019.
- J-2 dependents will be transferred with any J-1 participant transfer.